Followers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Little Bit of this... and that...

I weede the mess beside the barn. Found 2 more calla lily plants that I thought had been strangled out, but hadn't. :) I also (with Adam's help, of course) planted some gourds next to it and got some stuff for them to climb on. Fencing, the old bench that is too rickety to sit on, and that lovely tree has been a trellis for three years, now. It'll be fun to watch them grow! We started a kiddie pool garden. This was our pond last year, but it finally started leaking. When we put green peppers in the ground out here, they never do well, so we thought we'd try this instead. We LOVE jalepenos and this year Adam is excited to grow some chocolate bell peppers. Also we put two bush tomato plants in there. Silvery firs. They don't get very big at all and man are they tangy! There are a couple of basil plants in there too.

We (ahem... Adam) hauled dirt from the compost pile and ammended areas of the garden and added it to the pool.
That is my hand waving hello to you... and some lovely jalepenos...


Planting... forgive me I did not take a picture of the finished product. I will show you once the plants start to get a little bigger...



And here is my man doing what he does best. Planting tomatoes.




We're off to Adam's nephews first birthday party today. I dislike the city, folks. I love the family, though, so I'm gonna quit complaining now and look forward to seeing the Stenberg clan.
I hope that whatever you do today brings a smile to your beautiful face!!!!

No comments: