Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lately...

We have declared war on the fire ants. What was that? You didn't know there were fire ants in Tennessee? Well, let me assure you there are because THEY ARE ALL IN MY GARDEN. It started out innocent enough. A little hill full of ants. "Let them be, Adam," I say. "They aren't hurting anything." Then the hill gets bigger and BIGGER and BIGGER and someone down at the market asks Adam if we have any fire ants and he says "Ummm, I don't think so. How can you tell if you do?" The guy says, "Well, it is a huge hill of ants." Then Adam says in a calm low voice, "Yep we got em." He comes home and we decide we'll just set a really big fire on top of the fire ants. Makes sense. Kill the fire ants with FIRE! Not REALLY. They then conlonized our GARDEN and the dear, Lovin' Husband went up to the co-op and talked to the really nice lady who thinks we are very weird people. She told him what to get and did one bottle work? Did two? We are on, like, bottle eleventy million and they are still finding new places to hide and it HURTS when they bite you in between your fingers. Betcha didn't know that! The red below is one of their recent attempt to recolonize. They carry their young. How responsible of them. Enough of that...

Hangin' with BoJangles.
Watchin' Maggie declare her utmost love, loyalty, devotion, and life to Adam. She really wishes she were me.



Now if that isn't precious I don't know what is...





Feeding weeds to the chickens. My goodness they start singing when they see us coming near them. It usually means a juicy treat of some sort. Worm here + weeds there = happy chickens.





See how they're waiting? They Know he's gonna come through for them.












Mmmmm. They cluck the whole time they're chowing down.










Watched Matoike the cat try to catch a dragonfly. I'll see if the video will upload.







Have been admiring the pretty flowers. This is my sage blooming...










Mowed the backyard (me! I did it!! - not even vicariously through Adam..., but completely by myself. He was proud...)



Nothing makes me happier than to sit down in the yard with Adam after a long day of work and watch the sun set through the trees and watch the shadows move across the freshly mown grass. Mondo likes it, too. See him?
Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Malinda










No comments: