Followers

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bell Buckle Concert

I recently had the opportunity to go to Bell Buckle, Tennessee to visit some wonderful and newly-made friends. I was a little early so I did what I always do in situations like that and drove around town. I had been through once with Adam and we both really thought the town seemed neat. Upon second inspection, it IS neat. First off, there is an embroidery shop. I MUST visit again and actually go in. There are junk stores, craft stores, and the "world famous Bell Buckle Cafe". I also found some music. Let me take a minute here, people. I truly believe that when you believe in the music that you are making, you give it life. You say MORE than what is being said. This guy BELIEVED what he was singing and playing. He had a tambourine down by his feet and played that, too! I listend from my car with the windows down and heard the best, most beautiful version of Will the Circle Be Unbroken. This guy sang and played with every ounce of himself and I think he deserves a gig at the Ryman, myself.
I snapped a couple more pics while I listened to the concert.


Then some other folks stopped to listen while waiting for their table at the cafe.


Happy me at my concert...




You never know when you're going to find beauty. Or who is going to show it to you. Always listen for the unexpected music. It is always the best.

No comments: