Followers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beans (LOTS of Beans)

I have finally learned that if I am going to can mass quantities of beans that I need to plant them all at the same time. I do like the succession planting, but the problem is I'm not so good at it and Adam is busy enought without me saying, "Honey, will you plant another row of beans today?" He'd probably throw them at me! In love, of course... :)


SO - we planted a LOT of beans. Adam went to the hardware store and got a scoop of Blue Lake bush beans. I planted most of them one day while Adam was teaching a guitar student. I put them in the very first garden we ever did together. We like bush beans because you don't have to trellis them. I do NOT like wandering around the yard/property looking for suitable support for my vegetables!!


ANYWAY - I'll have plenty to can, keep my neighbors in beans, and sell at the farmers market. We are going to be swimming in beans, folks. I have no excuse not to learn how to can this summer. Little does my sweet Mama know... I have plans for her... and Dad... and Monna and J.C. (the littlest sis and hubby). :) Shhhh, don't tell!!

















funny thing is: We were sitting and looking at them a couple of nights ago and Adam says to me, in a calm, almost amused voice, "Ya know,baby, I think those might be pole beans..."
to be continued...

No comments: