Followers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chickens Eat Cherries!! :)

I love these tomato stakes and cages. The cages belonged to one grandfather and the stakes to the other. The tomatos that are growing in them are mine and the Lovin' Husbands. It makes me happy to see this when I'm in the garden. I think of both beloved grandfathers and smile just knowing that if they can see me from where they are that I really think they'd be proud of me. I love potatoes!! Yukon Gold potatoes to be exact. This is one of my favorite times of the year!! I also love good dirt. See the worm? Let's zoom in a little closer...
I love worms!!! They make the dirt happy... and nutritious...


I love to see the shell of the seed still gripping the baby leaves of plants. And I love to see the first true leaves appear on the plants that we grow. It's kind of like a promise, I think.

I love rosebushes that climb and make the tiniest of the most perfect flowers. I don't pick them. I just leave them there and everytime we walk by them or I'm sitting on the porch I get to look at them and my soul is content.






I love BoJangles, the dog there. He's had a rough time to adjusting to having no friends his size to play with. We had to take Roscoe and Peanut to the no kill shelter and Maggie disappeared again. He has been so good, though. He sticks close now and rarley wanders off for long.
I also love how the Lovin' Husband loves his tomatoes. Sometimes things just mean a lot to you and you don't know why, ya know? These are Brandywine OTVs. They're supposed to hold up to the southern heat. We'll see!! I love that they are planted in the front yard. We always have something to talk about when folks stop by for a quick visit...
Oh! I almost forgot! I LOVE Adam. He is my best friend... we work well together and are so lucky that we are interested in the same things for the most part. I feel like we are growing together through our life and we remember to just talk to each other. I hope we always do that.



And I LOVE to see this!









It makes me happy to know that the chickens get all sorts of goodies from us. Cherries and turnip tops here.





A good batch of wormy dirt really gets me going. I'm such a dork... We (you know the drill here, *ahem... Adam) moved the old dog house and I said, "Oh, look Adam. That is some good dirt!!" He grunted as he was still moving said dog house.







And I love to find little creatures under doghouses that husbands move.








Happy Sunday!!!! Find some things today that you love and that make you happy. Share them with somebody!!!
the most of my love,
Malinda




No comments: