Followers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Something to Say...

I had a conversation via facebook and am still thinking hard about it. Not in a bad way. My feelings weren't hurt or anything, but sometimes things come out of left field and catch you unaware. I responded, but then got to thinking some more and have this to say, too.

Part of being a Christian is the choice. If you take the best from each religion, what do you have FAITH in? God? I think that makes it harder for God to have faith in you. The faith is the key here. Not knowledge. Knowledge is good, but faith first. It will lead you to desire to know more.

Furthermore, does one have greater faith if they don't subscribe to any one particular religion? I am thinking that this is kind of an educated copout. (Said lovingly here, folks.) Really, though, I don't claim to be much. I just try to live my life in a way that makes sense to me and gives me peace and makes me feel right inside.

If you are going to be an architect, you read books about architecture. If you are going to be an accountant or a web designer, you read books about those. If you are a Christian, you NEED to read books about being the best Christian you can be. To always learn, to always challenge what you believe. Sometimes we get stagnant and need someone we don't know to tell us to get up off of our collective butts and DO something. Said lovingly, it is always better in print!

I do not think that Jesus was a fundamentalist. I do not think that I am either. I would be insulted if someone called me a "fundamentalist Christian". I desire to be a radical Christian without ever having to say a word unless someone asks me what I believe and why I do.

ok. I'm done now. If you feel so led, I would love to know what you think on this subject. What does your faith say about you??

No comments: