Followers

Monday, June 8, 2009

A Day in the Life

We have a cat named Fuzz Jr. He is fuzzy and his dad is NOT Fuzz Sr., but they were both fuzzy and my student, Jacey (like Lacey or Tracy), named them both. Anyway, Fuzz Jr. has become quite the tough kitty and likes to prove his overall "badness". Especially when unwanted cats come around. There are two feral males who show up from time to time. So long story short Fuzz Jr. chases his daddy up a tree acting all tough and ended up hanging from some limbs. I would just like to say kudos to Fuzzy J for hangin' on. He hung there for at least three minutes or so. The lighting wasn't good and I didn't have time to adjust, but he's the shadowy looking thing in about the middle... Enter my Lovin' Husband. What you don't see is that Fuzzy J is hanging directly above our fire pit full of dead limbs and what not. Not a good place to land...
Poor cat didn't know what to do and was just swinging in the breeze and Adam had an "aha" moment and went to get our long ladder.


It took a minute for Fuzz Jr. to realize that we (I DID help there at the end :) ) were trying to help him. In fact, I don't know if he ever did, but Adam kept nudging him with the ladder and he finally realized he had an escape route. In the blink of an eye he let go of the limb and flipped around and grabbed the ladder. Adam lowered it about five feet and that cat was gone before I could even think about snapping a picture.


That is just one of the many hero-like things my Adam has done lately. I'm glad we're hangin' on this earth together, me and him.
Have a good day. Don't forget to smile!!
Malinda


No comments: