Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friday

Big honkin' cabbage plant... We (and I do mean WE :) ) weeded like fools yesterday. The garden is so big that it doesn't really matter how much you weed because there is always weeding to do. The cabbage and brussel sprout beds were pretty scary. I had started to refer to the crab grass as "living mulch". Really it is choking, take-over plant so we attacked those beds yesterday (among others) with fervor.
All of the "chicken food" in the wheel barrow did not come from one bed, by the way. ;)



Speaking of chickens... they know what he is getting ready to do and they are EXCITED...


I leave the clods of dirt at the rootball on a lot of the plants I pull up so that they can get the worms and bugs down in there... shhhh don't tell Adam I gave the chickens his precious dirt!!!




We put Bad Dog's tie out front. He was very happy...





We moved the little replacement chickens down to the pen. We have to get more netting and shade cloth, so we had to make a makeshift pen for them until we get more, but they still have waaaaay more room than they did.





Watch out!! Flying chicken...








We had let the run in this pen grow up so that when we put chickens in it they could eat it down. These are doing that one section at a time! They are so much happier in the sunshine...





Happy chicken....









Happy, sunny day, my friends!! I'm gonna go weed my garlic now...
Love,
Malinda




No comments: