Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Name and A Boat

Adam calls me Lindy a lot. It reminds me of when I was little. My granny would call me Lindy Lou. I like it ok. He has a lot of names for me. (MOST of which are good.) Sometimes he calls me things just to see if I like it or not. For instance, the conversation will go as thus. "Hey, Sweet Potata, what's for dinner?" And I say, "I don't like that one, dear." And then he goes on and on about all of the valid reasons he had for calling me a sweet potato ... excuse me potata. Then I say, "Just putting an "a" on the end doesn't make it ok. You have tons of names for me that I like - just call me one of those." Then he says "Ok, my little chicken." And then I tell him that he can fix his own dinner and I'll be in the garden. By this time, we are both laughing so hard that it is impossible to pretend that what we are talking about is serious anymore.

So I am driving to a city far, far away to teach and I end up at a red light and I look at what is in front of me and see this:
I wondered if that man had any other names for his wife...
Call somebody something silly (not mean!!) today. See if they smile...
love,
Malinda

1 comment:

Betsy said...

This one made me smile!!!!!