Followers

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Little Bit of Sea World...

ok, folks, first things first. If you have never touched a sting ray, you definitely should. They are slimey and soft and utterly touchable. Anndee thinks so...it just takes a minute to warm up to them. Also, if you ever try to feed one, their mouths are completely UNDER their heads. Don't dangle a slimy, smelly sardine OVER them. They'll just look at you like, "Duh, man, didn't you know that my mouth is UNDER the water?"
Feeding dolphins is not at all the same. We all know where their mouths are. Anndee and my Ma got to get up close and personal with about 20 playful and hungry dolphins. Anndee waited her whole trip to be able to do this and was absolutely thrilled to feed them and watch them play with their balls. I think she'd still be there watching them if she could.


Meanwhile... I am enthralled in the underwater viewing area. I have never had so much fun watching any other mammal play. Neat critters, dolphins... BUT...


The manatees took the cake. No, folks, this is NOT a blimp or a space alien or, well, a large, manatee shaped underwater football. My mom had to come looking for me because I stayed so long looking at these guys. They are fascinating and if you think I'm silly for thinking that, you swim around with two short arms and a big butt!



Finally, sweet Navy says, "And if none of that works for you, do what I did...eat a cookie!!"


No comments: