Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Things Upon Which I Ponder...

My sweet Lovin' Husband has not of yet come around to my way of thinking where goats are concerned. As of right now when we need to clear land, we do it ourselves. We have these groups of the wickedest thorn trees. I don't know what they are properly called, but we call them The Thorn Trees From Hell. The bottom picture was supposed to be first, so go ahead. Scroll down to the bottom and take a good look at our nemisis.

Are you back from your visit to the bottom of the page? Ok, now I find a bird's nest IN The Thorn Tree From Hell. (See photo below.) Does the little birdie KNOW that the wicked thorns are there? Does it know that the Tree From Hell will protect it's little eggie-pies or did it just get lucky? Take a look at that thorn below. That is an old one. The new growth puts out about 2 to 3 inch long maroon thorns that look like they belong in a Sci Fi movie.
So, these are some of the things upon which I ponder. Does the bird know that the tree keeps predators away? Or did it unknowingly find a comfy little home with one heck of a security system?


And just for giggles, can you find the nest in The Thorn Tree From Hell? Please disregard the old, yucky chicken coop in the back. We are replacing it with a better coop for our 31 babies as soon as the Good Lord sends us a couple of days of sunshine in a row.
Find something strange to ponder upon today. It is kind of a stress releaver - at least until I remember that we still have to get rid of those very Thorn Trees From Hell....
They kind of scare me. I've decided that I'll let Adam take care of those...

No comments: