Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

My wonderful parents got me a wheel barrow for my birthday. They are truly wonderful. I will think of them when I (or... ahem... Adam) is hauling chicken poop across the yard!! Ha! But really, I NEEDED a wheel barrow and my lovin' Daddy and Ma got me one. One of the *many* reasons they are truly awesome parents. Fuzz really appreciates it too... or appreciated it. There has been chicken poop since then, so he has now reverted to the far reaches of the property again unless he knows we're outside.

I turned thirty today. I'm okay with thirty. I figure my life is better than it's ever been so I'm happy and life is good. On the other hand, I'm having trouble letting go of my twenties. They were good to me. I learned how to be ME. I won't ever think of BEING in my twenties again and that is life changing to me for some reason and I don't even really know why.
I do know that God has a plan for me, though, and that I'm looking forward to my *gulp* FORTH decade.
Adam has truly spoiled me today. He even agreed to go see the symphony with me Friday (thanks to Mark and Jenny for the tickets!!) and also bought me pizza tonight just because that is what I really wanted. He built me a fire and we sat and talked for a long time. I'm so thankful to have such a truly loving husband and best friend all in the same human being. Thanks, baby, for making my pretty "blah" day extra - extra special just by loving and caring for me!!
So today, remember. Think about a time in your life when it was hard for you to let go of one way and embrace another. Then smile and thank God that it is OVER!!!!
I truly love you all!!
Malinda

1 comment:

Jim said...

Every daughter needs a wheel barrow.