Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Love Me a Thrift Store

I have been seeing owly things all over lately and had so far (until about a week ago) suppressed the urge to compulsively buy everything "owl" just because "everybody else was doing it". But look at the little guy...he is positively cute. Also, his side job is as a trivet and I compulsively buy those, too. So I simply could not NOT purchase the owl trivet. Two birds - one stone - nough said.
I got the canister for obvious reasons. Who wouldn't have? It currently sits above my stove and looks pretty...I haven't decided what to put in it yet. I was thinking maybe special recipes or my fortunes from the chinese restaurant excursions I go on with my family from time to time. I guess I could hide my spare change and extra guitar picks there... the Lovin' Husband would never thing to look there for those two very things there. Hmmmmm...

I needed a thermos, but I didn't want one that looked like a time capsule. Who would, right?
So I'm wandering the aisles of the thrifty store and come across this baby. Definitely original. It very politely asked me to bring it home and I did. It will hold my....


Coffee...Yes. We have decided that modern coffee pots are the devil and that we will henceforth be preparing our coffee on the stove in a coffee pot that I don't have to plug in and doesn't get clogged and take and hour to brew what I really usually need within ten minutes of opening my eyes to way too many sets of doggy eyes begging to go outside and then come back in to eat and then go back outside and then come back in and...well, you get the point.


1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

What neat finds!!!!!!! I'm love LURVE with all of them. Mr. Hooter is the best...with the theroms coming in a close second, but beating Mr. Coffee simply because it's red....two birds, one stone...HA!

Sooooo...you said your chickens make you happy....wait til you see the new one you didn't even know you owned....purchased TODAY at the thrift store...conveniently on sale for 1/2 off...but I woulda spent the whole $12.99 on it.....you are going to be in love, lemme just tell ya....oh Christmas time, oh Christmas time....you take so long to get here!